What to Expect
- Researches have proven that acupuncture can relieve pain by increasing your pain threshold and by releasing your body's own painkiller endorphin. The combined treatment protocol of acupuncture and Chinese herbal medicine can help you feel better, function better, increase the quality of your life and prevent some serious diseases.
- Information about your health will be collected by asking, palpitating, looking at your tongue and feeling your pulse.
- A diagnosis will be given based on the theories of traditional Chinese medicine.
- Very fine needles will be inserted into some chosen points.
- Appropriate herbs will be provided when necessary.
- Treatment periods are designed to remedy each individual's unique problems.
- For most chronic conditions, once a week or twice a week treatment for the first couples of weeks, then once a month or every other month for the maintenance until you are satisfied with the results.
How Acupuncture and Herbs Work
- By boosting the immunity of the body. Acupuncture can increase the activities of natural killer cells and lymphocytes, and increase the blood concentration of antibodies.
- By increasing the pain threshold. Researches showed that acupuncture could reduce neuronal response to painful stimulation while increasing the internal inhibitory effects on pain sensation.
- By reducing blood cholesterol levels. Certain herbs such as Hawthorn have been proven to decrease blood cholesterol level and prevent cardiac diseases.
- By reducing the level of stress hormones such as norepinephine, dopamine, corticostrone and ACTH.
- By increasing anti-inflammatory effects. Acupuncture can inhibit the release of some pain substances.
- By improving the anti-virus function of the immune system.
- By coordinating the functions of different bodily systems.